Attend a FAIR Girls Training
FAIR Girls provides specialized training and technical assistance to organizations and institutions that want to provide their team with the knowledge and tools to understand and address commercial sexual exploitation, child labor trafficking, trauma, and domestic trafficking of minors. To date, FAIR Girls has provided training to public high school teachers, medical professionals at local children’s hospitals, local law enforcement, U.S. Embassy staff, social workers, foster care parents and foster care placement agencies, faith-based and university groups, and more. FAIR Girls serves as co-chair of the Direct Services Committee for the D.C. Anti Trafficking Task Force.
Who should attend a FAIR Girls training?
- Law Enforcement personnel
- Child welfare agencies and social work professionals
- Educators and youth service agency employees
- Legal service agencies and lawyers
- Medical and mental health professionals
- Community based groups
- University students
What are expectations following a FAIR Girls training workshop?
- Bring a human face to the issue of commercial sexual exploitation of children (CSEC) and domestic trafficking
- Provide trainees will gain a critical understanding of what human trafficking, especially commercial sexual exploitation of children and forced child labor trafficking
- Understand and deconstruct stereotypes of the victims, in particular girl victims of domestic minor sex trafficking
- Law enforcement officials will gain skills in identifying warning signs, utilizing local and federal anti trafficking laws in their jurisdiction, and utilize local social service agencies who can act as referrals to provide victim care while they focus on arresting the traffickers
- Gain skills in how to create an effective and gender-specific program and policy in their agencies to address the trafficking of children and youth in their community
- Service providers and professionals will gain specialized skills in how to identify signs of exploitation, know how to respectfully and safely intervene and assist high risk and trafficked girls and young women with their recovery and empowerment as young survivors.
What is the time commitment?
A FAIR Girls training can be tailored to the needs of each agency. Our trainings range between one hour and two days, depending on the needs and size of the audience. We will work with you to ensure your needs are met and time constraints are respected.
FAIR Girls training materials have specialized content specific to educators, law enforcement personnel, lawyers, social workers and child welfare agency employees, Embassy personnel, and medical and mental health practitioners including effective strategies for investigating, interviewing and prosecuting sex trafficking and domestic trafficking cases, trafficking specific trauma and medical/mental health assessment and care.
How much does a training cost?
FAIR Girls is committed to working with organizations to provide cost-effective and occasional pro bono training options. We are also willing to partner with organizations who wish to apply for funding to support training initiatives.
How to request a training:
Please contact Teresa Tomassoni, FAIR Girls Director of Programs, at email@example.com and write "training request" in your email subject line.