Thanks for checking out our page! Even though we may have never met you, we believe in you!
If you or someone you know needs help please call our 24/7 crisis number:
Someone from FAIR Girls will answer or return your call immediately - day or night.
If there is a life threatening emergency please dial 9-1-1 first.
If you are a social work professional or educator who would like to refer a girl or young woman to FAIR Girls, please call Teresa Tomassoni at (202) 609-8997 or email email@example.com. Download our referral form here.
Take our quiz:
- Have you ever been asked to sleep with someone for money, food, or shelter?
- Does anyone force you to do things you do not want to do?
- Does anyone control whom you talk to and who can see?
- Has anyone taken your ID or documents away?
- Are you being threatened by your boss?
- Are you afraid to leave your job?
If you answered yes to anyone of these, you are not alone! Here at FAIR Girls, we work with girls who have gone though similar things. We can help you find a safe place to live, get a job, get access to legal or medical support, get new clothes, toiletries, and make new friends who will care and support you.
Know the facts:
- Teens who are abused or have been abused are at a higher risk for being exploited (taken advantage of) and should seek counseling and help to keep themselves safe.
- Anyone under 18 who is involved in prostitution, stripping or pornography is considered a victim of human trafficking – even if they say they want to do it!
- Trafficking does not always involve exchanging money for sex but can involve food, clothes, shelter, protection, or rides home in exchange for labor or sex
- Anyone could be a PIMP (also called a trafficker)
- Anyone can be a victim
Identify warning signs:
- Unexplained absences from school/not interested in school
- Presence of older boyfriend/older male
- Presence of tattoos ‘marking her/him' as personal property
- Access to material things that she/he can’t afford to purchase on her/his own (jewelry, new clothes, shoes, technology)
- Recurring STDs and other sexual health issues
- Changes in mood
- Drug and alcohol use
- Going out late and staying gone for days at a time
- Displaying sexualized behavior